Sydney Eisteddfod is only possible with the support of our passionate volunteers. You too can make a differenc
Volunteer with Sydney Eisteddfod
The annual Sydney Eisteddfod is one of the largest and most successful competitive performing arts festivals in the world. With over 350 events running from May to September, we rely on dedicated volunteers – many of whom return year after year – to generously devote their time and commitment to help bring the Sydney Eisteddfod to life.
By being involved with the festival you will have the chance to meet lots of new people, witness some amazing young talent, and learn new skills in a creative, fun environment. Gaining practical experience in event management can also be very useful for anyone interested in working in the arts and entertainment industry, and Sydney Eisteddfod can provide a valuable reference for volunteers seeking further employment.
Sydney Eisteddfod is a not-for-profit organisation that is only possible with the support of passionate volunteers. Their energy and enthusiasm make it possible for young artists to dream, perform, achieve, and inspire – creating a richer and more vibrant culture for all.
What are the requirements to be a Sydney Eisteddfod volunteer?
Volunteering at Sydney Eisteddfod requires that you:
- be at least 18 years of age
- obtain a Working with Children check and provide your WWCC Number
- attend a compulsory volunteer briefing session
- commit to at least five shifts across the festival (the average shift is approx. 4 -5 hours)
- be a team player
- have energy and enthusiasm
- be punctual
- have a professional and friendly approach to the general public.
Sydney Eisteddfod is committed to an inclusive volunteer team and welcomes applications from everyone. We encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ+ and culturally diverse people, as well as those living with a disability.
If you have any questions about the Volunteer Program, please contact us at [email protected]
What are the duties of a Sydney Eisteddfod volunteer?
Sydney Eisteddfod volunteers are an essential point-of-contact for entrants and patrons at our festival events. Volunteer duties include:
- Entrant marshalling
- Greeting patrons
- Queue and crowd management
- Providing festival information
- Assisting with special events
We also welcome volunteer assistance in our office, both during the festival season and outside of it, in research, marketing and administration.
What are the benefits of volunteering with Sydney Eisteddfod?
The benefits of volunteering with Sydney Eisteddfod include:
- Learning practical front-of-house and event coordination skills
- Gaining industry experience and ‘behind-the-scenes’ insight
- Meeting like-minded people
- Witnessing performances by some of Australia’s most talented emerging artists
- Contribute to Sydney’s culture and support the not-for-profit festival
- Ticket giveaways to Sydney Eisteddfod and partner events
- Receive an invitation to the Volunteer Thank You event
If you would like to join the Sydney Eisteddfod Volunteer family, please fill out the below form to register your interest and we will be in touch shortly
Every gift large or small makes a difference in supporting the next generation of artists and leaders
Provide transformative opportunities for the young performers today who will be our leaders of tomorrow
Encouraging young artists is at the heart of all we do! You can contribute to this legacy through our mentoring initiatives