This privacy statement outlines how Sydney Eisteddfod collects, uses and protects your personal information.
Collection of personal information
We collect information you choose to provide when making a purchase, donation, entering or making an enquiry. This information may be collected online, in person, over the phone or in writing. This information may include your name, organisation, postal address, contact number, email address, billing information and other personal identifying information.
Sydney Eisteddfod also communicates with customers through e-newsletters and other online and electronic media. We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and beacons, on our website and marketing emails.
We use third party tools to analyse our web traffic. The type of information collected includes your computer’s IP address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the website that you used to find our website, the browser and operating system that you are using and the amount of time spent on our website. The information collected is anonymous and does not personally identify users.
We sometimes obtain additional information about you from other sources. This additional information may include your demographic and lifestyle information.
We use your personal information to provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested. Sydney Eisteddfod may use your personal information to:
- improve customer experience;
- communicate important information about your participation in Sydney Eisteddfod events, and Sydney Eisteddfod generally;
- process and manage your purchases, donations and entries;
- contact you if we have difficulties with your payment;
- contact you if events change;
- contact you regarding donations to Sydney Eisteddfod;
- send you tickets via mail;
- respond to requests or enquiries you have made;
- check the eligibility of an entrant in a specific event;
- send receipts for purchases, donations and entries;
- directly market to you, if you have agreed to receive e-newsletters;
- correspond with you regarding media and promotional activities and opportunities ;
- assist with fundraising purposes;
- issue prizes and scholarships;
- conduct research; and
- publish names and locations of entrants and place-getters.
Personal contact information will not be disclosed to third parties without the express permission of the individual.
Where expressly stated (see points 52 & 53 in the General Rules and Conditions of Entry), names of entrants, their suburb, the events they have elected to participate in and competition results may be published, including photos, in printed and electronic publications.
Sydney Eisteddfod may at its discretion use third parties to deliver essential services. We may share your details if necessary for them to complete their scope of works. These third parties are prohibited from using your personal information for any other purposes.
Security of personal information
Personal information is stored on a secure and private database. Only authorised personnel have access to personal information.
Sydney Eisteddfod takes reasonable measures to make sure that personal information submitted through sydneyeisteddfod.com.au is kept secure by encrypting all information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Check and update your personal details and preferences
If you wish to view or amend personal information collected by Sydney Eisteddfod please send your enquiry / request to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can opt-out of direct marketing by unsubscribing here.
If you have any queries or concerns about the way Sydney Eisteddfod has collected, stored, used or disclosed your personal information you should write to email@example.com as soon as possible and we will conduct a full review.