2021 ChristmasDrive copy

Help our performers Reach the Stars and donate to Sydney Eisteddfod this Christmas!

perform.

Published: 09/12/2021 11:00am

Sydney Eisteddfod didn't think this year could possibly be as crazy a ride as 2020, but it certainly took us by surprise once again!

Our Festival's cancellation last year meant we were totally reliant on our wonderful community to help us support the emerging artists of tomorrow. In 2020, we developed online opportunities including the global competition, 'Crowd Favourite Performances, International' where we received hundreds of entries from all over the world.

In 2021, we worked tirelessly to present our Festival in a live capacity. However in June, we had to pause all our events when the pandemic placed NSW and other states into lockdown once again.

This year, we were determined to NOT cancel our Festival and decided to move Sydney Eisteddfod, On Screen! This gave entrants the opportunity to still compete by sending in performance videos to receive feedback from our professional adjudicators.

This option encouraged young performers all across Australia to continue Reaching for the Stars through the art of music, song, dance and drama, despite the challenges of lockdown.

We had 49.6% of entrants take up this opportunity, a great outcome. The remainder of entrants, 50.4%, were either unable to compete due to logistical reasons or decided to transfer their money to the 2022 Festival due to a preference for live performance. 

So for the second year running, and as a not-for-profit organisation;
your donations to Sydney Eisteddfod would mean the world this CHRISTMAS.

WHY SUPPORT SYDNEY EISTEDDFOD?

Your donation goes towards providing prize monies to inspire and encourage our entrants across dance, drama, music and song. This enables young performing artists to further their studies both nationally and internationally and go after their dreams.

If you are able to this Christmas, please consider making a donation to Sydney Eisteddfod.

*All donations to Sydney Eisteddfod are tax deductible and help to provide opportunities for performers of all ages and levels, to showcase their talents*

Your much needed support will help us significantly in our efforts to come back stronger than ever in 2022 with a LIVE Performance Festival!

Our supportive community is exactly what got us through 2020, with your continuing support and dedication to this creative industry and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Help our young performers Reach the Stars and donate this Christmas!