The following rules and conditions are specific to the CLASSICAL SINGING Category. Please also read the General Rules & Conditions of Entry.
1. Performances are for soloists unless an event indicates otherwise.
2. Registration and performance rules are strictly enforced. Please refer to the General Rules & Conditions of Entry Items 17 to 28.
3. COMPULSORY FESTIVAL e-PROGRAM: Purchase of an Festival e-Program is compulsory for all entrants. Teachers submitting entries for individual students MUST PURCHASE a Festival e-Program for each soloist, except where they share the same family address. As the online entry form only allows for one compulsory Festival e-Program on checkout, teachers who enter multiple students on the SAME online entry form are requested to email: email@example.com to complete their compulsory Festival e-Program purchase requirements.
4. TEACHER’S PASS: Teachers who have submitted 10 or more students in SOLO events will be eligible for ONE Festival Pass. To claim, they should email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 31 May, 2019 giving student names and event number details. Please allow 10 working days to receive this Pass in the mail. An administrative charge of $10 needs to be paid, so please be sure to arrange for this payment at the same time as when applying.
5. Time limits allow for the presentation of ONE OR MORE ITEMS, unless otherwise stipulated, provided they fit within the nominated time limits. Limits are strictly monitored and entrants exceeding ‘Total Performance Time’ will be eligible for ‘comments only’ - not for a placing. Please refer to Item 27 in the General Rules & Conditions of an entry.
6. A different item is required for each event unless repeats are specifically allowed. Items performed in a Heat must be repeated in the Final unless otherwise stipulated.
7. If it is specifically indicated that an item may be repeated, it may be repeated ONLY ONCE except when progressing to a Final. An entrant found repeating an item other than where allowed will be eligible for 'comments only' - not for a placing.
8. These events are for voice with acoustic piano accompaniment unless otherwise specified. No microphones or recorded backing allowed.
9. All items must be sung in the original language as set by the composer, unless specified otherwise.
10. Published or unpublished work is allowed unless the event states otherwise. Personal transposition of music is permitted ONLY in folk song and junior vocal events.
11. A copy of the music, in performance order, labelled with Event & Entrant numbers MUST BE provided for the adjudicator, including the name of the item and the composer clearly marked. Only original published music will be returned. Photocopies will not be returned as per APRA/AMCOS Policy.
12. Subject to the venue, there may be no warm-up or dressing room facilities. For events being held in Shore School - Playfair Hall (BH Travers Centre) there are limited warm-up rooms available in the building across the driveway on Level 2 - above Smith Auditorium. It is the entrant’s responsibility to be present inside Playfair Hall when they are announced to go on stage. No facilities are provided to inform you about your performance in the warm-up rooms. Entrants are called from the auditorium except in a Final.
a) NO OFFICIAL ACCOMPANISTS provided for events ‘Any Age’ and Events Nos 1, 11 & 20-28. An Official Accompanist will be appointed for Events 30-42. Details available in May 2019.
b) See ‘Directory of Accompanists’ in Entrant Corner.
c) The Official Accompanist is free at the event itself but prior rehearsal is advised. Entrants should make an appointment at least three weeks before the performance date. Accompanists’ rehearsal availability is quickly booked out. Accompanists are not obliged to play poorly presented, difficult or illegible music at sight. Our recommended rehearsal fee is $45 per half-hour.
d) Singers can appoint their own accompanist if they wish to and accompanists need not conform to the age requirements and can play for more than one entrant.
e) Accompanist are welcome to bring along a page-turner should they wish, but the page-turner need to purchase an admission ticket.
14. JUNIOR VOCAL (15/u) - Events 39-42: Items performed can include operetta, folk, G&S, music theatre or animated films (Disney), unless otherwise specified. Events are for voice with acoustic piano accompaniment unless otherwise specified. Non-amplified. No microphone or recorded backing allowed. No scenery, minimal props.