September 5, 2016
The standout Sydney Eisteddfod Junior (12 – 15yrs) and Senior (16 – 25yrs) Singer of the Year contestants will put their best voice forward in a cabaret-style concert that is bound to entertain talent-spotters and lovers of popular music alike.
Offering two great shows on the one ticket, up to 12 Finalists will sing two songs each accompanied by piano or backing tracks.
This year marks a 26-year partnership between Petersham RSL Club and Sydney Eisteddfod, who together have provided an incomparable platform for aspiring vocalists to pursue their dreams. Since 1990 more than 18,000 singers have thrived on stage sharing their talent with the audience in what is the biggest night of contemporary singing in the Sydney Eisteddfod calendar.
Adjudicators Francine Bell and Deborah Wells agreed that the six Finalists of the Senior category, chosen from a pool of 23 entrants, displayed a lot of confidence and personality during their “impressive performances” in the preliminary rounds.
Both judges also selected the six Junior Finalists from a pool of 41 entrants. Adjudicator Michael Lavine will join the panel on the Final on September 13, when the winners will be announced.
Junior Singer of the Year
- Jordyn Richards, age 13 (Ryde)
- Mira Thippawal, age 13 (Connells Point)
- Omar Rihani, age 12 (Forestville)
- Celina Sharma, age 14 (Mosman)
- Ben Johnston, age 13 (Bulli)
- Bella Thomas, age 12 (Mortdale)
Senior Singer of the Year
- Natalie Elliott, age 21 (Haberfield)
- Emily Van Ameyde, age 17 ((Elanora Heights)
- Angus Noakes, age 16 (Como)
- Molly Stewart, age 15 (Woonona)
- Gemma Nha, age 16 (Strathfield)
- Alexandra Duncan age 16 (Lavender Bay)
Media Liaison and Public Relations, email@example.com or (02) 9261 8366.