July 25, 2016
Sydney Eisteddfod and the Rotary Club of Sydney Cove are proud to announce the Finalists for the Choral Grand Prix, one of the major events in its annual calendar.
Hosted by TV personality Andrew O’Keefe, the event will be an amazing showcase of some of Australia’s best choral performers competing for top honours in both the People’s Choice Award and the Jury Vote categories.
A total of 8 choirs in the Open Age and the Youth Choir (19/u) categories were selected to compete in the Final, on August 21 at Sydney Grammar School. They will perform for up to 12 minutes each, including a piece by an Australian composer or arranger in their repertoire.
The finalists are:
- Brigidine College Senior Vocal Ensemble (St Ives)
- Endeavour Harmony Chorus (Caringbah)
- Shine Chorus (Canada Bay)
- Sydney Vocal Project (Camperdown)
- Coastal A Cappella (Narara)
- Fort Street High School Chamber Choir (Petersham) – 2015 Winners
- Reddam House Middle School Singers (Woollahra)
- Presbyterian Ladies' College Chamber Choir (Croydon)
Barker College Copeland Choir (Hornsby), winners of the 2016 John Lamble Australasian Choral Championship for Primary/Infant School Choir, will be special guest artists performing on the Australian Choral Grand Prix.
Media Liaison and Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org or (02) 9261 8366.